Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 30, 2006

On the Verge


On the Verge, originally uploaded by Ava's Antics.

Yesterday I picked up Ava early from daycare because I had a test and then was done for the day. We came home and had some floor time. Honestly, I had lost hope that she would roll over anytime soon. I had been expectantly hoping for a month of so that the day was right around the corner. She hadn't been attempting to roll over lately or making any moves that looked anything like an attempt. This time, however, she was twisting her legs and rocking her body to poise herself for roll-age. Seeing that she was on the verge, I snapped the above picture of one of her attempts. She couldn't get her head over her shoulder, so she would keep rolling back time after time. This was probably best because Doni was still at work.

That night I was telling Doni how Ava was making attempts to roll over and we decided to give her another try. She did not disappoint! Moments after putting her on the blanket she would roll to the point she had been so many times before where all that she had to do was get over her shoulder. It must have been the fact that both Doni and I were there to cheer her on because before long she had actually done it! Doni was on the phone at the time and literally screamed and cheered. It was an exciting time.

The bad news is, now that Ava is mobile, I'll have to start baby-proofing our house.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the baby-girl. She always makes me SMILE!!

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    isn't there some children's song whose chorus is "dun dun dun dun da ...roll over...roll over"?

    ...maybe it goes something like "4 brothers in a bed and one said, 'roll over, roll over'" ...

    yeah, I realize that isn't much to go on...

    Hannah

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    I also remember this ditty from my childhood. I'm pretty sure this is it:
    "Ten bears in a bed
    And the little one said
    "Roll over! Roll over!"
    So they all rolled over
    And one fell out.

    Nine bears in a bed
    ...

    One bear in a bed
    And the little one said
    "I'm lonely! I'm lonely!"
    So he rolled over
    And the others jumped back!
    "

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

3 comments