Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Always take something to read

Sorry for the lack of stories lately. This month is the first rotation in a while where I've had less free time. I'll get something up soon, but I have several pieces of good news in the meantime. First, I found our old camera. *Cue bashful grin* You'll never guess where it was.... IN THE DRAWER WHERE WE USUALLY KEEP IT. Go figure. I know for a fact that I looked in there several times when we first lost it. Either there's a goblin in our house playing tricks on me or it was camouflaged by a washcloth in the drawer. Now, I know what you're thinking, who keeps a camera in the same place as washcloths? This guy does. To tell you the truth I'm not too surprised that I couldn't find it earlier. Ask my wife or my mom and they will tell you of the frustrations they have had with my "thorough" searching technique. I will tear a closet, refrigerator, or drawer apart, in my mind removing any possibility that the object of my desire is contained within. Someone else will come along and move one thing. There you go. It's like there's a big, flashing arrow telling them to "CHECK HERE! CHECK HERE!". Anyway, I've uploaded some of our Christmas-time photos to Ava's Flickr page. Enjoy.

Secondly, today I found out that I matched to my first choice for residency! All of the programs that I applied to were either in Indianapolis or Muncie (a 50 min drive away), so I knew I wouldn't be going too far away. I found out on Monday THAT I matched, just not where. Today there was a ceremony at the medical school where all of the fourth-year medical students got an envelope saying WHERE they had matched for residency. I already got a phone call from one of the program directors where I matched congratulating me this afternoon. Fun times.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love all the pictures!

     
  • At 12:41 AM, Blogger Koleen said…

    Mike has the same "thorough searching" technique you do.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    I think a lot of men have that technique. I know of 2 more - Ben and my dad!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

3 comments