Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Saturday, July 25, 2009

There is a First Time for Everything

I have been very lucky to have 2 babies that really don't spit up. Ava would spit up a little every now and then but Ellie has only ever had just tiny hiccup spits that the average mom would not count as spit up. Today Ellie changed all of that. At her 10 o'clock feeding she drank 4 ounces in no time and I tried burping her for a few minutes with no success. I offered her the final 2 ounces but she kept filling her mouth and then just spitting it out so I decided she was full. I started to try and burp her again and she exploded. There was spit up everywhere! Down my back, down my shirt, on my shirt, on my pants and ALL over her front. I couldn't believe it and to make it worse I really needed Jeremy there to help out but since he is working all day and then on call tonight I was at a loss. I did manage to get both of us undressed without causing any more mess. I took my shower first and then gave her a bath. The whole time she smiling and content. When we were both all cleaned and dressed I looked at Ellie and asked her if she was ok. She looked at me and gave me this adorable smile, "Yeah, I'm ok mom."

2 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Allison said…

    Well now that you've experienced it the one time, maybe it'll never happen again!

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger brooksandjill said…

    that happens to me almost every day! my girls are happy spitters :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 comments