Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Friday, April 28, 2006

Here's looking at you kid


Here's looking at you kid, originally uploaded by Ava's Antics.

Today we came home from the hospital. It's been nice there, but we were really ready to be back in our own house, sleeping in our own bed, and sitting on our own couch. Besides, I like our satellite TV better than the cable TV the hospital gets.

For those of you that don't know this, for the first few days a baby's poop is black and tarry. Its called meconium, but I call it NASTY. Doni has her breastfeeding bonding time and has told me that my bonding time can be when I change her diaper...... Lucky me. Ava seems to have this game where she drops a deuce in her diaper and waits apprehensively for me to change her. As I'm cleaning her up (always at the worst possible moment mind you) she decides it would be a great time for her to empty her bladder. This usually happens right after I pull out the dirty diaper from under her and right before I put a clean diaper under her. On the bright side, its better than the squirt in the eye I would likely get if Ava had been a boy.

The last few days have been days of firsts. The first time I become a father, the first time I changed my child's dirty diaper, the first time I lovingly tell Ava to shut-up..... Sometimes I may sound like I'm complaining with regards to our lives' recent changes, but I wouldn't trade any day from April 26th, 2006 on for anything. Having a child is the most amazing, surreal, scary, and satisfying experience of my life. In the "Highlight Reel" of my life, there are a few REALLY significant days:

-The day I married Doni
-The day I got accepted to medical school, and
-April 26th, 2006.... The day I became a daddy.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Doni, Ava, and Jeremy: (I addressed you all with regards to your power hierarchy)
    I am sorry that we haven't visited, but please be assurred that everyone (at least Hannah and I) has discussed Ava everyday (since the 26th) and visits your blog spot RELIGIOUSLY. I may fail ICM, but I have seen all of Ava's pics...
    Jeremy, i'm waiting for the pic of when Ava drops a deuce on your shirt...

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are doing a great job chronicling parenting --pretty soon you'll be getting ad sponsors just like Dooce.

    Make sure you check for primitive reflexes before you forget....and she's climbing the schoolbus to go to kindergarten.

    Do you take subject requests? An interesting topic would be how you came to name her Ava.

    Like Kundi said, I am totally into this website. Doni looks radiant and beautiful, especially in the picture of the three of you at the hospital.

    Hannah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 comments