Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Looks like she's gonna have to be left-handed....


The one-handed baby!, originally uploaded by Ava's Antics.

Sorry for the last of posts the past few days. We have had some exciting developments as of late. Specifically, we bought a BRAND NEW CAR!!!!

*Cue The Price is Right music*

It's a Honda CR-V and I love it! Doni likes it too, but she is still mourning the loss of her VW Beetle as a result of the trade-in. The Beetle was sort of a dream car for her. However, with a car-seat in the back you end up with your knees practically on the dashboard. Thus, we had to trade-in for something more suitable for our new family demographic. We were able to get a great deal on the CR-V and got $1000 more for the Beetle than we were expecting, so we are very happy about the financial side of things concerning this purchase. I will post some pictures of it later.

Thursday we went to the doctor for Ava's well-baby checkup. At this point she was 3 weeks and 1 day old. We were hoping to see a big change in her weight since she had only put on 1 ounce (according to their faulty weighing methods). Let me tell you what...... WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED! In the eight days since her last weigh-in, Ava put on 15 ounces!!! She was up to a whopping 8 pounds 2 ounces from the previous 7 pounds 3 ounces. Can you imagine?!?! She was able to increase her body weight by nearly 15% in one week! That's my little girl! Apparently our pump then add formula technique worked pretty well. Doni has even been able to freeze several ounces of extra breastmilk thanks to our new technique. To say the least, we are very pleased.

Today my Mom, her husband Ron, and my brothers Jacob and Jesse are coming down to visit for the weekend. The will be the first time that Ron, Jacob, and Jesse have had an opportunity to meet Ava. In the three weeks since my mom has seen her I'm sure she's been going through Ava-withdrawl, so its sure to be a busy weekend of passing her around to many open arms.

I've put up some more photos from when some of Doni's family came down to visit last weekend. Just click on the above photo to go to where they are located.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah, good work, she definitely looks bigger than when I saw her last

    :)

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't wait to come see her!!!

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Adorable pictures!
    and bye-bye Beetle? Man, I will be really sad too when I have to give up my beautiful Belle. But I knew beetles are not car-seat friendly anyway :(

    take care! and nice job last Mother's Day!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Brooks said…

    I love the blog. It's about a cute little girl, and the commentary is hilarious.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

4 comments