Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 27, 2006

One


H is for Happy, originally uploaded by Ava's Antics.

This is a day of ones:
Ava is one-month and one day old,
early this morning was the first time Ava stayed up for 4 hours straight in the middle of the night,
and just minutes ago Ava had her #1 biggest fart ever.

This fart had to have been 90-100 dB. We're talking lawn-mower loud! Doni and I were sitting here calmly watching TV when Ava decides to drop a sonic grenade in her diaper that made us both jump from the sheer size of it! I can truly say... I have never been more proud.

This was a hectic week for our family. I had to take a test for my medical education on Wednesday that covered all of the material we have learned over the past two years. I've had big tests, but this was a BIG TEST! I have been told that this test is even more important that how well I do in my medical school courses. When I apply for residency programs in a couple of years, the results of this test are one of the major factors that they take into consideration. It's kind of like the SAT's in that regard. I say all of that to say this... I was pretty stressed about the exam.

Thankfully, Doni sister and neice, Lori and Morgan, came down to stay at our house for a few days to help out with Ava. Lori let us sleep through the nights as she would get up when Ava got fussy or needed feeding. During the days I was studying with for what seemed like all day with little breaks. It was mentally exhausting. The girls went out shopping on Tuesday to keep my distractions to the minimum.

On Wednesday I showed up at my testing site a little before 6:30 AM. I wasn't scheduled to start the test until 7, but we were able to check in and get started a little early. I was pretty glad because the testing agency allots 8 hours for taking this test and I wanted to get it over with as soon as possible. Two breaks and six hours later I finished and headed home exhausted. All of us went out to dinner that night to celebrate.

We were going to go to the zoo on Thursday, but the forecast showed thunderstorms and hail during the afternoon. Thus, the decision was made for us to go to the Children's Museum instead. We had a good, full day. We took some pictures of Ava and Morgan riding the indoor carousel (which I will put up when they are developed).

Memorial day weekend snuck up on us this weekend. We didn't even really realize that it was this weekend until Thursday. Thus, we didn't have any plans to go anywhere, but a weekend without plans makes for a great weekend in our book.

So there you have it. This is why I haven't put up any posts for a while. As a peace-offering I have uploaded lots of pictures though! Things should be pretty relaxed for the next couple weeks until I start up medical school again on June 12th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

0 comments