Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Friday, January 11, 2008

Bipolar Posting / Christmas

I was thinking about how I'm getting kind of bipolar when it comes to posting to the blog. In December I had five posts in one week and now its been one week shy of a month since I've posted. And that includes Christmas! (Bad Dad! *Smack my own hands*)

We had a great Christmas, but it was good to come home after 5 days of sleeping in other people's beds. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but we had initially planned on having this be our first Christmas staying home. When we put our house on the market we decided to forgo decorating the house this year. It may not have made a difference if a Jewish/Atheist/Kwanzified person was looking at our house and we had decorated for Christmas, but its possible it could have. We figured that when it comes to selling our house we were better off safe than sorry. Anyway, since we weren't even going to have a Christmas tree, we decided to spend one more Christmas with family.

Ava was much more into opening presents this year than last year. The only problem she had was that in the middle of opening one present one of her other presents, opened or unopened, would catch her eye. And in her mind, all presents were her presents. She hit the motherload this year. She got a mini recliner, a Weeble castle, everything ever made with a Backyardigans on it, a music box, a doctor's-office-waiting-room-type toy, clothes, and so much more. I would tell you more, but your eyes have probably already glazed over. Doni went through her old toys and put some of them away to make room for the new ones. Still, Ava finds something "new" every day that she hasn't played with in a few days. I'm not sure if she realizes that she got it a few weeks ago or if she thinks, "Look at this amazing new toy that I've seen for the first time in my life! Does Christmas never end?!"

Unfortunately our camera went missing somewhere on our Christmas voyage to Michigan and Northwest Indiana. I guess we should have had it micro-chipped like we did Sparky. I'm still holding out against hope (does that phrase even make sense?) that it'll see the errors of its ways and find its way home like the prodigal son. If it does, we'll have a feast and promptly delete its memory card (I hope I'm not the only one that gets that joke).

2 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    I'll attempt to preemptively explain my poor humor. What does a camera do?... Take pictures. What did the prodigal son do?... Had a period of his life where he did a lot of "wild living". So logically a prodigal camera would take pictures of it's wild living, right? These pictures may be things we wouldn't want to see, thus deleting the memory card.

    Interestingly, I just found out prodigal means wasteful. Go figure.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I forgive you for taking so long to post. I miss you guys. It was good seeing you for Christmas. I'm glad you didn't stay home!

    Oh yeah,
    side note: The boys already broke their moo mixers. I found out today when I noticed Jesse was mixing his chocolate milk with a spoon. Now you know what to get them for their birthdays!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 comments