Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby Was M.I.A.

This Tuesday we headed out for a road trip to Kansas City with a pit stop in St. Louis. While there we heard they had a great, free zoo and went to check it out. It was really great and being free seemed like a giant perk. The weather was great too. It was 80 degrees with a cool breeze and it just made the day so perfect. Along the way we saw some snakes...


... and giraffes along with many other exciting animals.


We even let the girls pick a souvenir toy.


After visiting the gift shop we had one more section of the zoo and then we had seen it all. So, an hour later we were at the car loading 2 sleeping girls into their seats. A drowsy Ava woke up and asked for her baby. I looked at Jeremy and he looked at me and we knew baby was still enjoying the zoo. For those of you who don't know, this "baby" goes EVERYWHERE with Ava. She usually stays in the car when we leave the house, but occasionally we allow Ava to carry her with the promise that she doesn't ask us to carry her. When I had to look in my three-year-old's eyes and tell her that her beloved baby was gone, possibly for good, I almost lost it. We handed her another doll that she had brought and got in the car. I looked at Jeremy trying not to cry for my daughter's loss and said that the last time I saw the baby was in the gift shop. Jeremy checked the map and found that we needed to go the the North Entrance to find the same gift shop. I told him it was worth a try and he could drop me off and drive around as I went searching. As soon we got to the doors Ava said she had to go potty so I said I would take her. Before we left Jeremy said he last remembered seeing baby by the stuffed snakes. We went into the gift shop, made a right at the t-shirts and I saw the snakes. Right before the snakes was a table of random items that I wasn't even looking at when I heard, "Baby!" Right in front, behind a shark mask was baby, patiently waiting for Ava to pick her back up. I almost started crying again. I was more excited than Ava. I don't think she realized that baby was gone for good. In her mind baby was sitting somewhere waiting for Ava to come get her. I just hope baby doesn't get lost before Ava can show her to her own daughter someday.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Allison said…

    Poor Baby!

    Glad you guys found her! This story made me crack up!

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Jill said…

    first of all, the matching giraffe outfits are too cute for words!!!

    secondly, i'm very glad baby was found....i'm not going to lie...at first i was afraid you had lost ellie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 comments