Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Friday, June 16, 2006

Sniffle

The last few days have been quite an experience. Ava hasn't been feeling that well. Pretty quickly she went from her beautiful and healthy self to her beautiful and sickly self. She was having trouble breathing through her nose due to congestion, which complicated her bottle-feeding. Also, the area around her eyes were red and you could tell she was VERY tired. She probably also had a sore throat because both Doni and I have been dealing with the same thing we have had them. By Wednesday Ava had gotten to the point where she needed to be seen by a doctor. Her doctor seemed pretty concerned, so he ordered a chest X-ray and a culture from her nasal passages. Thankfully, her chest X-ray was clear and the culture was negative for his main concern (RSV: Respiratory Syncytial Virus).

Good news: Ava only has a really bad cold
Bad News: She has a really bad cold

The past few nights Ava hasn't been sleeping very well. Since I have been going to school during the day and having to get up early, Doni has selflessly been getting up with Ava most times during the night. As I said, Ava hasn't been sleeping well and has been resisting lying down in her crib. I got extremely lucky with my schedule and unexpectedly have a four day weekend (Friday-Monday). Since Doni hasn't been getting much sleep at night, I got up with Ava every time last night so that Doni could have a solid night's sleep. Let me revise that, I stayed up with Ava last night. I would get her to fall asleep, go to bed myself, and minutes later she would start crying. Since this wasn't really allowing Doni the sleep that she desperately needed, I camped out in the rocking chair in Ava's room. Eventually I ended up holding Ava most of the night as we slept in the recliner. It's not the best sleep I've ever had, but Ava seemed to sleep a lot better in my arms than in her crib.

Mercifully, we all seem to be through the worst of this cold. We are still having some remnants of it, but hopefully by the time I go back to school on Tuesday we'll all be back to our healthy selves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

0 comments