Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Date night

Saturday night Doni and I went out for dinner and a movie while Ava stayed with one of Doni's friends. Apparently our dogs aren't the only ones that think Ava is sweet because her puppy wouldn't stop licking Ava's feet and hands. Even when she laid Ava down to sleep in the guest room Bailey (the puppy) would whine outside the door.

Doni and I had a good time. We went to a fairly new restaurant in town that specializes in pizza/calzones/stromboli/etc. Apparently they get a good deal on bulk garlic because I'm pretty sure garlic makes up half of all of their ingredients (by weight of course). Being the garlic lovers that Doni and I are, we enjoyed the food very much. Still, when they bring you bread before your main course with so much garlic butter on it that it burns your tongue.... that's a bit much.

After dinner we went to a movie by ourselves for the first time since Ava's birth. It was pretty nice to just have it be the two of us for a little while. This was only the second time that we've left Ava with a sitter and I think we're adjusting pretty well. I'm not sure whether or not I should say this, but here goes..... Most of the night we didn't even miss her! Ava- If ten or so years from now you're reading this and think we were annoyed by you, that was not the case. We love you more than we can imagine, but it was nice for your mother and I to have a couple hours to ourselves. (I'll call that my PDFE statement.... Prophylactic Defense of Female Emotions.) As we returned to pick Ava up from her sitter's I think we both realized that we had missed her even though she hadn't been on the forefront of our minds. My little BabyCakes is just too amazing to leave without missing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

0 comments