Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Second WHAT?

Ava turned two today. SAY WHAT? I know, its crazy. Two years down, a bazillion to go.

Watching Ava today, I considered why people have more than one kid. When you've already got one that is so amazing, isn't there a little part of you that wonders if its a fluke? Maybe you just happened to get dealt a royal flush on your first hand. What're the chances of getting that twice in a row? (Try one in 751,046,400 - That's a lot of poker.)

Then I took another look. I love everything about Ava. I love that she looks like her mom. I love how she gives us multiple kisses before she goes to bed. I love how she reaches for us when she hurts herself. I love to watch her character show itself in new ways each day. I love who she is and who she will someday become. I LOVE being Ava's Dad.

Each stage of her life is exciting and fresh. A parent loves when their child learns something new. You want them to grow up, just not as fast as it usually happens. Maybe this is why parents take the chance of having another child. You love where your child is at, but you miss where they've been. By having another child you get the best of both worlds: Your first continues to grow, but your next still has all those stages to go through that you miss so fondly.

Ava - We hope to someday be lucky enough to give you a brother or sister. We pray that God again stacks the deck in our favor.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Are you trying to tell us something??? Happy Birthday Ava your card is in the mail!!

    Sorry we missed your party

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    There is no bun in the oven and we are not trying to put one there.

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Amazing isn't it? Lucas will be 3 in July and we can't believe it. Happy Birthday Ava!! :)

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I can't believe she is two already - she's grown up so much! Looking forward to seeing you guys!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

4 comments