Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'll Miss You Too

Yesterday I didn't see Ava at all. She was sleeping when I left in the morning and was in bed before I got home. So, this morning I woke her up a little early so I could see her before starting my day. She was really excited and you could tell she missed me. Things like that make you feel so good.

By the time we got her diaper changed and went downstairs it was time for me to go. After getting my things around I waved and said goodbye to Ava. Her face dropped. She gave me that look that said, "No, Daddy! You can't leave!" She came over to me to lean up against my chest as I knelt down. I hugged her and told her I'd be missing her too. Whenever I started to act like I was going to get up she would lean in a little closer and say, "No."

This couldn't go on for too long or I was sure to be late for work. Doni asked Ava if she would like to watch some cartoons.... I would like to say that Ava refused, going on a cartoon strike so she could spend a few more minutes with her daddy. However, that was not the case. As soon as the second syllable of car-toon was out of Doni's mouth, Ava started running around the kitchen, pumping her fists in the air, and yelling "CARTOONS! CARTOONS! YAY!".

Put in my place, I went to the garage door. I said, "Bye Ava," but it was too late, she was already engrossed in whatever Noggin had to offer. "That's OK," I thought, knowing that she'd be happy to see me when I got home.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, maybe the slump in posts is just because no one's commented. Here goes:

    Every time I read the line that says, 'Ava started running around the kitchen, pumping her fists in the air, and yelling "CARTOONS! CARTOONS! YAY!".' I crack up laughing. I can totally picture it!

    Now can we, your readers, get a new post. I know you're busy, but I check every day and I'm always sad when there's nothing new. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

1 comments