Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ain't no sunshine when they're gone


It's been a LONG weekend if you ask me. Here's a little background.... Every year Doni and four of her college friends get together for an extended weekend of girl stuff (don't ask me what that means, because I don't know). So anyway, on Thursday Doni and Ava went down to, her friend, Nicole's house. On Thursday night I also had plans, but mine didn't involve nearly as much girly laughter and "remember when"s (a little, but not nearly as much). Thursday night was my last shift at the hospital for my OB/GYN rotation. Since we were both going to be out of the house, Doni had to take the dogs with her for a night.

Friday morning, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed after a relatively benign night where I got 6 hours of sleep, I drove down to Nicole's house to pick up the dogs and pick up Ava so she wouldn't be corrupted by grown-up girl talk. Well, plans change when reality sinks in to a first-time mother that this would be the first night that she would spend without her child. We decided to reschedule our baby-switch for the next day when I could pick Ava up from Nicole's mom (who was baby-sitting) and Doni wouldn't have to physically hand her off to me. This worked out pretty well.

Saturday evening, after picking up Ava, we went to a cookout that a friend of mine from my MCME (Muncie Center for Medical Education) days was having. A good time was had by all. Even Ava, who got an hour or so of sleep while there, enjoyed seeing some of my old friends. Ava got to bed a little late that night, but how often do a little girl and her daddy get to go out and party while mom is gone?

Well, its Sunday and I have both my ladies back home. I had some good quality guy time watching The Book of Cool on Friday and got some studying done on Saturday, but I sure missed my female counterparts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

0 comments