Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Ke-Ke

Now that Doni has been back in school, Ava has been going to the babysitter's again. She is getting more and more attached to her stuffed baby doll ("Baby") and blanket (who goes by "Ke-Ke"). All of the kids at daycare seem to have a blanket and stuffed animal that they carry around. So, Ava has to carry hers around as well. It seems to be always "Ke-Ke" this or "Baby" that. The worst is when she's tired and upset. She'll scoop them up and try to run off. Her blanket, however, is longer than she is tall. Not a problem if it is thrown over her shoulder, but more often than not it isn't and she ends up tripping over it.

Today the blanket stayed in her crib when she got up in the morning and stayed there all day. She put up just a little fuss when we left her bedroom. However, when we were leaving to take her to her babysitter's, she headed for the stairs wanting her Ke-Ke. Not so fast! I scooped her up and we left.

I called Doni on my way home from work today and found out that nap time at the babysitter's didn't go so well. When Ava's babysitter laid her down Ava wouldn't go to sleep. She kept saying "Daddy" and "KeKe". I know... I am a horrible, horrible daddy. Maybe if she only has it at nap time and bedtime. We shall see.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I see this so much when I'm at work. Some children will even clutch their jackets if they don't have anything else.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're so mean! (Just kidding)
    I think you're a great daddy and I'm sure Ava does too. She was just mad at you.

    Thanks for the post by the way! I wasn't disappointed today!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 comments