Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

PENNIES!


Today I gave Ava a quarter and dime I had in my pocket at the end of the day. She took them from my hand and said, "Pennies!" You see, all coins are pennies to Ava and she LOVES pennies. Next year we might break the bank and just get her a couple rolls of pennies for Christmas.

I took Ava upstairs to show her that she could put her pennies in a piggy bank. It ended up being Doni's piggy bank. She put the coins in one by one and said, "Oh No! More pennies!" I told her we were all out. I showed her that we could put the piggy bank on her dresser in her bedroom. She seemed to like that idea and we went back downstairs.

Later on Ava kept saying that she wanted to go upstairs. Doni said, "You can go upstairs," which Ava apparently thought was a novel idea. I can imagine her thinking, "I can go upstairs by myself? I would have never thought of that!" I watched her go up the stairs and started sneaking up the stairs to peek and figure out what she was doing. The next thing I know she's at the top of the stairs carrying Doni's piggy bank.

It didn't take long for her to figure out that she could get money out of the bank by shaking it upside down. I've made a criminal.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That picture is the cutest!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

1 comments