Our Feisty Fisks

Raising the female population of Indiana one child at a time

Google
 
Web www.avafisk.blogspot.com

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One Month and Counting

Ellie is now 5 weeks old and I realized that I had forgotten to update everyone on her weight and such. Last Tuesday we had her 4 week check up and I was anxious to see how much weight she gained. I was very excited when the scale read 8 lbs 5oz. The doctor said she should be gaining an ounce a day and she gained 13 oz in 15 days so he was happy with that. I was really happy because this is the longest I have ever breast fed and I am always worried she is not getting enough. When she is done eating and is crying she is telling me that she is hungry but her big sister hardly ever cried when she was tired, she just fell asleep. I am amazed at how different these girls are. Ava was the easiest baby by far and Ellie is pretty easy too she just wants held more. Ava never wanted held and I always wanted to hold her but now that I have a baby that wants held I am happy to oblige.

Ava is doing great at the new role of big sister. She loves to be by Ellie and holding her hand when ever she can. Her new favorite this is getting to hold Ellie. She will sit with Ellie on her lap for as long as we let her. Even when Ellie is crying Ava always has a smile and tries to calm her baby sister down. I just hope this love lasts.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Allison said…

    That picture is toooo cute and hilarious!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

1 comments